Ron and Carol Jean (McHenry) Martin Communication and Theatre Scholarship
The following criteria must be met:
1. Eligible applicants must be full-time students majoring in English Language Arts or Theatre Arts within the teacher certification program, accepted to Eastern Illinois University.
2. Preference will be given to a student graduating from Paris, Paxton Buckley Loda, or a Joliet Township High School. If no student meets this criterion, then students attending high school in contiguous counties may be considered.
3. Preference will be given to an applicant interested in pursuing a career teaching Speech or Theatre.
4. The recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.0.
5. The selection committee shall verify that the recipient is making progress toward teacher certification.
6. Financial need is a consideration.
7. Applicants must submit a 1-2 page narrative describing their interest in pursuing a teaching career in English Language Arts, Theatre Arts, or a combination of both disciplines