Dr. John Guckert Memorial Scholarship
The following criteria must be met:
1. The award recipient must be a full-time student, majoring in a program leading to teacher certification.
2. The recipient must have attained junior or senior status and be in good academic standing.
3. The recipient must have taken and successfully completed one Educational Foundations (EDF) or Secondary Education (SED) course at EIU.
4. The applicant must submit a short essay (500 words or less) discussing their educational philosophy and how EDF /SED classes changed or broadened their views of education. This essay must be included with the scholarship application.
5. Financial need is a consideration and may be used by the selection committee as the determining factor should all other criteria be equal.
6. The recipient must be in good academic standing at the time the award is issued.
Award announced in the spring and awarded in the fall.