Dr. John Guckert Memorial Scholarship
For juniors/seniors getting teacher certification. Requires completion of EDF or SED course, 500-word essay on educational philosophy.
The following criteria must be met:
- The award recipient must be a full-time student, majoring in a program leading to teacher certification.
- The recipient must have attained junior or senior status and be in good academic standing.
- The recipient must have taken and successfully completed one Educational Foundations (EDF) or Secondary Education (SED) course at EIU.
- The applicant must submit a short essay (500 words or less) discussing their educational philosophy and how EDF/SED classes changed or broadened their views of education. This essay must be included with the scholarship application.
- Financial need is a consideration and may be used by the selection committee as the determining factor should all other criteria be equal.
- The recipient must be in good academic standing at the time the award is issued.
Award announced in the spring and awarded in the fall.