Drs. Christine and Larry Helsel Public Relations Scholarship
The following criteria must be met:
1. The recipient(s) must be U.S. Citizen and an Illinois Resident.
2. The recipient(s) must be a full-time undergraduate student at Eastern Illinois University.
3. The recipient(s) must have a declared major in Communication Studies and have selected the Public Relations option.
4. The recipient(s) must be a minority or non-traditional student.
5. The recipient(s) must be interested in working in the public relations profession, which does not include Graduate School
6. The Selection Committee shall require an essay of the applicants. Applicants should outline in the essay why they want to pursue Public Relations as a profession. A copy of each essay shall be forwarded to Dr. Christine Helsel.
7. An ideal recipient will have shown and demonstrated interest or commitment to Public Relations Student Society of America, EIU Chapter.
8. The recipient(s) must carry a minimum 3.20 GPA.
9. The recipient(s) must demonstrate a need for financial assistance to continue their education as an undergraduate student.
The recipient(s) may be eligible to appy for, and receive, the award again provided they continue to met the criteria stated above. The same recipient may receive the award no more than twice.
This award is to be announced in the Spring semester and payable the following Fall semester.