Office of Study Abroad Grant
Types of awards:
1. Financial-need based- established by the student’s filed FAFSA.
2. Merit-based- typically the top students in the pool.
1. Full-time EIU student for at least one semester before studying abroad
2. Must have a 2.5 GPA (cum) at the time of application
3. Complete a study abroad program application
Please take note that there may be more than one opportunity available to apply for. Please use the timeline below to determine if this is the correct opportunity for your program.
Spring programs will open in August-September and have an October-November deadline.
Summer programs will open in October-November and have a January-February deadline.
Fall programs will open in October-November and have a March-April deadline.
Note that guest students from other institutions are not eligible for these scholarships
Award amounts: Between $500 and $2,000 per student.
Service: Grant recipients will serve as a Study Abroad Ambassador for the semester after they return from their program abroad
The service requirement is 4 hours, which can be accomplished by a variety of projects with OSA.