Omar Carl Schmeusser Memorial Scholarship
The following criteria must be met:
1. The recipient(s) should be a full-time student with a minimum of 60 semester hours completed, majoring in hospitality management, and accepted to Eastern Illinois University.
2. The recipient(s) shall have an overall GPA of 3.0.
3. The recipient(s) shall have signed an internship agreement to complete a minimum of 240 hours of internship at a Club Managers of America member club. Final determination will be contingent on successful completion of the internship agreement.
4. The recipient(s) should be a member of the Eastern Illinois University student chapter of the Club Managers Association of America.
5. Two letters of recommendation should be submitted for consideration. One letter should be from a hospitality management faculty member and the other letter from a Club Managers of America.
6. The recipient(s) should submit a one-page written letter of intent outlining career goals and the reason for pursuing a career in hospitality management.
7. The recipient(s) should complete an oral interview to be held on EIU’s campus by the Illini Chapter of the Club Managers Association of America who will submit their recommendation to the Scholarship Selection Committee.
8. Financial need may be a consideration but is not a requirement.
9. The recipient(s) may be eligible to apply for and receive the award again provided he/she continues to meet the criteria stated above.
This award will be announced and disbursed in the Fall semester.