Watson Family Scholarship
The following criteria must be met:
1. The recipient must be a full-time or part-time student currently accepted to and enrolled at Eastern Illinois University for a minimum of six semester hours of instruction.
2. The recipient must major in one of the following areas: business, political science, or theater with preference given to theatrical lighting.
3. The recipient must have an overall GPA of 2.5. on a 4.0 scale
4. The recipient must display a need for financial need.
5. The recipient(s) must demonstrate a high quality of character as demonstrated through academic (e.g. student academic organizations, etc.) or community activities.
6. The recipient must submit a one page personal letter setting forth the reason for applying and stating future career goals.
7. All recipients must be a resident of Illinois.
8. Priority should be given to a Coles County resident who qualifies. If none should exist, then selection can be based upon statewide residency.
9. The recipient(s) may be eligible to apply for, and receive, the award one additional time provided he/she continues to meet criteria.
This award is to be announced and awarded in the Fall semester.