Welcome to Eastern Illinois University’s Scholarship Opportunities Homepage!
Below is a list of scholarships available to EIU students, with brief information about each scholarship’s requirements. To apply for scholarships, you must first sign in with the same EIU Net ID and password you use to access all of your EIU accounts. You can then complete a General Application and begin applying for specific scholarship opportunities.
To begin applying:
- Sign in using your EIU Net ID and password. If you need help locating your EIU Net ID or password, please visit http://www.eiu.edu/nsp/EandNetID.php or contact the Help Desk at 217-581-HELP.
- You must first complete a short General Application. You will be asked to complete or renew your General Application each year after November 1.
- With a complete General Application, the system will automatically match you to all scholarships you are eligible for based on your information from PAWS and MyEIU. Some opportunities do not require any application after the General Application is complete, but others will request additional information. The system will provide you with a “Recommended” list of scholarship opportunities that have additional requirements.
Other important information:
- Additional scholarship opportunities may become available after you have completed your General Scholarship application. Check this account frequently to make sure you don’t miss any of these opportunities.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be sent an email to your EIU email address. Check your email account regularly for updates about your scholarship opportunities and deadlines.
- The “Deadline” column shows the deadline for you to complete the application to be considered for that scholarship. It is not the deadline to accept the scholarship.
- The scholarship opportunities you are auto-matched to and apply for could be for either the current or the next academic year. You can find more information in each scholarship’s description, such as when you will be notified if you received the award, and when the funds will be added to your student account.
- For some scholarships, you may need to complete post-acceptance paperwork online before the scholarship award is updated on your PAWS account.
Are you looking for a specific opportunity but do not see it below? There’s a chance it’s just not open for applications at this time. We recommend checking back in at least once a month to review new opportunities.
Sarah Bush Lincoln Scholarship
Full-ride scholarship for local, high-achieving, freshman Nursing...
EIU Community Ambassador Scholarship
For incoming freshmen from central Illinois. Requires an essay...