Kate and Cliff Strandberg Study Abroad in Europe Scholarship
For studying abroad in Europe. Requires 2.75 GPA, essay, resume, 2 letters of recommendation. Preference to School of Technology majors.
The following criteria must be met:
1. The recipient(s) must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate domestic student, accepted to EIU and in good academic standing, with preference given to School of Technology majors.
2. The recipient(s) must be planning to study abroad in any European country with attendant approval tendered to the Study Abroad Office prior to the awarding of the scholarship; all study credits must be applicable to the student’s degree program.
3. The recipient(s) must have an overall 2.75 GPA, approval of the departmental academic advisor, and meet other criteria established by the Study Abroad Office.
4. The recipient(s) may, upon returning to the United States of America, be asked to speak to the International Forum program regarding the Study Abroad Program.
5. The recipient(s) may be eligible to apply for, and receive, the award again provided he/she continues to meet criteria.
This award is for the FALL 2020 SEMESTER
To begin applying for this scholarship, you do not need to be finished with your online study abroad program application. Your study abroad application ID number – that is required as part of this scholarship application – is automatically generated as soon as you start your online program application. Do not wait until you are admitted to a study abroad program to submit this scholarship application. Eventually, you do need to be officially admitted to a study abroad program in order to be considered for this award. Review of scholarship applications begins immediately after the application submission deadline. Award notifications are emailed to students one week before the study abroad program’s down payment (commitment deposit) deadline. Study abroad scholarship funds cannot be used to pay for program commitment deposits. Scholarship award money is disbursed to student accounts at the start of the study abroad program and is applied to any outstanding account balance first. Students are encouraged to set up direct deposit through Student Accounts prior to program departure.
Keywords: technology, study abroad, engineering technology, computer and information technology, organizational development, digital media, construction management, cybersecurity, sustainable energy, talent development, technology