Betty J. Hawkins English Scholarship
For sophomore/junior English majors. Requires 35-80 EIU credit hours, 3.2 GPA, financial need, strong writing skills, leadership potential.
The following criteria must be met:
- The recipient must be a full-time student in the sophomore or junior year, majoring in English.
- The recipient must complete 35-80 hours of EIU work by the end of the semester in which the award is made.
- The recipient must have demonstrated especially strong writing skills.
- The recipient must have an overall GPA of at least 3.2
- Recipient must show strong character and potential for leadership.
- The recipient must display a need for financial assistance.