Dr. Kenneth E. Hadwiger Foreign Cultures Award
The following criteria must be met:
1. The recipient shall be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student accepted and enrolled at Eastern Illinois University
2. The recipient shall be enrolled in the Department of Communication Studies.
3. In the event that there is no qualified student enrolled in the Department of Communication Studies, it is acceptable to make
the award to a student enrolled in the College of Arts and Humanities.
4. The recipient shall demonstrate a special understanding of European or Asian cultures and social structures.
5. A brief essay (500 words or less) on the following topic will be required: Please describe your experiences with European or
Asian cultures and how you plan to share your knowledge and experiences to create cultural awareness at Eastern Illinois
6. The recipient shall be in good academic standing
7. Financial need is not a consideration.
8. When signing the award, the recipient will be asked to write a thank you note to the Director of International Students.
9. Recipient(s) shall be eligible to apply for, and receive, the award again provided she/he continues to meet the criteria stated above.