Amanda Kent Education Annual Scholarship
The following criteria must be met:
1. Must be a full-time undergraduate student majoring in Elementary Education or Middle Level Education accepted to
Eastern Illinois University.
2. Must maintain an overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
3. Preference will be given int he following order:
a. First preference will be given to an applicant that is a graduate of Eisenhower High School or MacArthur High School in Decatur,
Illinois that attended the Stephen Decatur Middle School.
b. Second preference will be then given to an applicant that is a graduate of Eisenhower High School or MacArthur High School in
c. Third preference will be then given to applicants that graduated from the Peoria Notre Dame High School, Manual Academy, Peoria
High School, or Richwoods High School in Peoria, Illinois.
4. The recipient(s) must show a special interest in focusing their academic and career work in science education. A written statement must
be included explaining the importance of science education and how a teacher’s impact can change a student’s life.
5. Financial need is a consideration.
6. The recipient(s) are eligible to apply for the award again provided he/she continues to meet the criteria stated herein.