Gerardo J. Solis Latino/Latina Scholarship
For students of Latino/a heritage majoring in the Sciences with 48 EIU semester hours of coursework. Financial need is a consideration.
The following criteria must be met:
1. The recipient(s) must be of Latino/Latina heritage.
2. The recipient(s) must be a full-time student, majoring in a degree program within the College of Sciences.
3. Candidates shall have completed a minimum of 48 semester hours of coursework at Eastern Illinois University at the time of the award.
4. The recipient(s) shall have a grade-point average in good standing with Eastern Illinois University.
5. In the event that there are several suitable applicants, preference shall be given to a candidate who can demonstrate financial need.
The recipients may be eligible to apply for and receive the award again provided they continue to meet the criteria stated above.
The award shall be payable in the Fall semester.
Keywords: Anthropology, Astronomy, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Communication Disorders, Computer Science, Computer Science and Math, Criminology/Criminal Justice, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Environmental Biology, Geographic Information Science, Geography, Geology, Math Education, Mathematics, Nursing, Physics, Radiation Physics, Political Science, Pre Chiropractic, Pre Dentistry, Pre Medicine, Pre Nursing, Pre Occupational Therapy, Pre Optometry, Pre Pharmacy, Pre Physical Therapy, Pre Physician’s Assistant, Pre Podiatry, Pre Veterinary Medicine, Psychology, Science Teacher Education, Sociology.