Altamont Lions Club/Ernie C. Ballard Scholarship
The following criteria must be met:
1. The recipient(s) will be a student from any Effingham County High School that has been accepted to Eastern Illinois University.
2. Preference will be given to incoming freshman. However, if no suitable incoming freshman is found, the recipient(s) may be a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior already attending EIU.
3. The recipient(s) must be a Biological Sciences major with an interest in conservation or environmental sciences.
4. The recipient(s) must have an overall GPA of 2.5.
5. Financial need is a requirement.
6. The recipient must demonstrate successful leadership and positive moral character regarding civic and extracurricular student activities.
This award is to be announced in the Spring and awarded the following Fall semester.