Robert and Ann Flick Study Abroad Annual Scholarship
For undergraduates with 3.0 GPA, to study abroad Fall 2020. Preference given to: travelers to Italy, English majors, arts & humanities majors.
To apply for this award, you will need the ID number from your EIU study abroad application.
The following criteria must be met:
1. The recipient must be a full-time undergraduate student accepted to Eastern Illinois University.
2. The recipient must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0.
3. Preference for selection are in the following order: a. undergraduate student majoring in English and traveling to Italy through the Office of Study Abroad; b. undergraduate student with a major in the former College of Arts and Humanities and traveling to Italy through the Office of Study Abroad; c. undergraduate student majoring in English and traveling through the Office of Study Abroad; d. undergraduate student with a major in the College of Arts and Humanities and traveling through the Office of Study Abroad.
4. Financial need is a consideration.
5. The recipient may only receive the award once.
6. The recipient must be planning to study abroad Fall 2020
To begin applying for this scholarship, you do not need to be finished with your online study abroad program application. Your study abroad application ID number- that is required as part of this scholarship application- is automatically generated as soon as you start your online program application. Do not wait until you are admitted to a study abroad program to submit this scholarship application. Eventually, you do need to be officially admitted to a study abroad program in order to be considered for this award. Review of scholarship applications begins immediately after the application submission deadline. Award notifications are emailed to students one week before the study abroad program’s down payment (commitment deposit) deadline. Study abroad scholarship funds cannot be used to pay for program commitment deposits. Scholarship award money is disbursed to student accounts at the start of the study abroad program and is applied to any outstanding account balance first. Students are encouraged to set up direct deposit through Student Accounts prior to program departure.