Kate and Cliff Strandberg Study Abroad in Europe Scholarship
This award is for SPRING 2020 programs ONLY
To apply for this award, you will need the ID number from your EIU study abroad application.
The following criteria must be met:
1. The recipient(s) must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate domestic student, accepted to EIU and in good academic standing, with preference given to School of Technology majors.
2. The recipient(s) must be planning to study abroad in any European country with attendant approval tendered to the Study Abroad Office prior to the awarding of the scholarship; all study credits must be applicable to the student’s degree program.
3. The recipient(s) must have an overall 2.75 GPA, approval of the departmental academic advisor, and meet other criteria established by the Study Abroad Office.
4. The recipient(s) may, upon returning to the United States of America, be asked to speak to the International Forum program regarding the Study Abroad Program.
5. The recipient(s) may be eligible to apply for, and receive, the award again provided he/she continues to meet criteria.
6. The recipient must be planning to study abroad spring 2020
7. Recipient must submit an essay on why they deserve the scholarship discussing their professional and career goals and ambitions, upload a current resume, and provide 2 letters of recommendation