Office of Study Abroad Grant
This award is for SPRING SEMESTER AND SPRING BREAK 2020 programs ONLY
To apply for this award, you will need the ID number from your EIU study abroad application.
Types of awards:
1. Financial-need based- established by the student’s filed FAFSA
2. Merit-based- typically the top academically performing students
1. Full-time EIU student for at least one semester before studying abroad
2. Must have a cumulative 2.5 GPA at the time of application
3. Complete a study abroad program application
4. Note that guest students from other institutions are not eligible for these grants
5. Recipient must be planning to study abroad spring semester or spring break 2020
6. Student must submit an essay on why they deserve the scholarship discussing their professional career goals and ambitions, as well as provide 2 letters of recommendation
Between $500 and $2,000 per student.
1. Grant recipients will serve as a Study Abroad Ambassador for the semester after they return from their program abroad. If you fail to do so, the grant or scholarship you received will be billed to your student account. In the event that this occurs, EIU may choose to withhold your diploma until the payment is fulfilled.
2. The service requirement is 4 hours, which can be accomplished by a variety of projects with OSA