Alexander Hamilton Paper Award in American History
For undergraduates. Awarded to author of best paper on American History for an EIU History course. Awards ceremony attendance required.
The selection committee shall apply the following criteria:
- The recipient must be a student accepted to Eastern Illinois University.
- The recipient must write an undergraduate paper on American History written for a course taught by a member of the Department of History. The author of the best paper will receive the award.
- The recipient must be a student in good standing at the time the award is conferred and when the check is issued.
- The recipient(s) must be present at the Department of History’s annual awards ceremony to receive the award (unless there is a family crisis). If the recipient is unable to attend the awards ceremony, the Selection Committee must choose another recipient or elect to not make an award that year.
- The recipient(s) may be eligible to apply for and receive the award again provided he/she continues to meet the criteria stated above.
This award is announced and disbursed in the Spring semester.