Frank McCormick Phi Beta Kappa Study Abroad Scholarship
The following criteria must be met:
1. The recipient(s) must be a full-time student, accepted to Eastern Illinois University.
2. The recipient(s) must be a declared major in one of the following: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, English, Foreign Language, Geology/Geography, History, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, or Sociology/Anthropology.
3. The recipient(s) shall have a minimum 3.25 GPA.
4. The Phi Beta Kappa Scholarship shall normally be awarded to assist one or more applicants taking part in a Study Abroad Program.
5. Applicants for the Phi Beta Kappa Scholarship shall submit an application which includes a 300-600 word essay describing the anticipated value of the Study Abroad experience to the student(s) academic career.
6. Along with the application, applicants shall provide one letter of support from a faculty member.
7. Financial need is not to be a consideration.
8. In the event of two equally qualified applicants, preference shall be given to student(s) who will be attending programs in which English not the sole language of instruction; to the student(s) who plan to pursue graduate education; and to the student(s) with the strongest overall academic potential.