Sarah Bush Lincoln Scholarship
Full-ride scholarship for local, high-achieving, freshman Nursing students. Requires 3.3 GPA, essay, 2 letters of recommendation.
Criteria is as follows:
- Recipient(s) must be admitted to Eastern Illinois University
- Recipient(s) must be a full-time incoming freshman.
- Recipient(s) must be majoring in Pre-Nursing or Nursing.
- Recipient(s) must have a High School GPA of 3.30 or higher on a 4.00 Scale.
- Recipient(s) must have attended high school or currently reside in one of the following counties: Clark, Coles, Cumberland, Douglas, Edgar, Effingham, Fayette, Jasper, Moultrie, or Shelby.
Applicants must be available for on campus interviews.
This award shall be announced in the Spring and disbursed in the following Fall and Spring. Students may retain the award for a total of 4 years (8 semesters) if they remain continuously enrolled and meet admission and progression criteria for the EIU Nursing Traditional Program.
This award is a last-dollar scholarship, meaning that it covers any tuition or fees (and room and board with the 10-meal plan) remaining after other scholarships and awards have been applied. If your tuition and fees as well as room and board have been met with other scholarship, you may receive $2,000 for the remaining costs if you have room in your cost of attendance. Other limits may apply and there may be adjustments in your award after the time it was issued due to other changes to your award letter and/or costs. If you change your enrollment or plan to adjust your room and board plan, please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships so that the most accurate award can be posted for you. Otherwise, your award(s) may be adjusted after census day each semester in which you receive this award.