Charles A. Elliott Technology Education Award
For juniors, seniors, and graduate students majoring in Career and Technical Education (preferably Technology Education), planning to teach.
The following criteria must be met:
- The recipient must be a student in good academic standing at Eastern Illinois University and classified, according to the University catalog, as a junior, senior, or graduate student.
- The candidate must have a declared major in Career and Technical Education with emphasis in Technology Education.
a. Only if there is no qualified Career and Technical Education with an emphasis in Technology Education applicant, then the recipient must be an undergraduate student or graduate student majoring in one of the technology-related majors offered by the School of Technology accepted to Eastern Illinois University, who plans to pursue a career in technical education (e.g. high schools, vocational centers, community college, universities).
- Financial need shall not be considered by the Committee in the selection of the recipient unless all other factors are determined to be equal.
- Other reasonable criteria not contrary to the above revisions may be established by the Committee, except that no criterion may be specific grade-point average and no criterion may be such as to discriminate against any candidate.
- The recipient(s) may be eligible to apply for the award again provided he/she continues to meet criteria.
This award shall be announced in the Spring and disbursed in the Fall semester.