EIU University Professionals of Illinois Graduate Annual Scholarship
For graduate students with a 3.0 GPA. Requires 2,000-word essay on organized labor and a letter of recommendation from an EIU UPI member.
The following criteria must be met:
1. The recipient must be a degree-seeking graduate candidate enrolled at Eastern Illinois University during the academic year in which the scholarship is given and must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 in graduate work.
2. The recipient may apply directly for the scholarship or be recommended by the Graduate Coordinator (or the Coordinator’s designee).
3. The recipient(s) must submit an essay or thesis (2,000-word minimum) on a topic that makes a contribution to understanding the significance of organized labor. These works will be submitted to the Council on Graduate Studies, Dean of the Graduate School (or his designee).
4. The award will be based on the submission receiving the highest ranking by the Council on Graduate Studies Selection Committee.
5. The recipient must submit a letter of recommendation from an EIU University Professional of Illinois (UPI) member. UPI members are limited to one letter per award period.
6. Recipient(s) of this scholarship are eligible to receive the award only once.
This award is paid in the Spring semester.