Frank McCormick Phi Beta Kappa Study Abroad Scholarship
For students in one of 13 majors, to Study Abroad. Requires 3.25 GPA, short essay, faculty recommendation. Non-English instruction preferred.
The following criteria must be met:
- The recipient(s) must be a full-time student, accepted to Eastern Illinois University.
- The recipient(s) must be a declared major in one of the following: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, English, Geology/Geography, History, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology/Anthropology, World Languages and Cultures
- The recipient(s) shall have a minimum 3.25 GPA.
- The Phi Beta Kappa Scholarship shall normally be awarded to assist one or more applicants taking part in a Study Abroad Program.
- Applicants for the Phi Beta Kappa Scholarship shall submit an application that includes a 300-600 word essay describing the anticipated value of the Study Abroad experience to the student(s) academic career.
- Along with the application, applicants shall provide one letter of support from a faculty member.
- Financial need is not to be a consideration.
- In the event of two equally qualified applicants, preference shall be given to student(s) who will be attending programs in which English not the sole language of instruction; to the student(s) who plan to pursue graduate education; and to the student(s) with the strongest overall academic potential.
Keywords: Applied Physics, Astronomy, Biochemistry, Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Chemistry Teacher Certification, Civic/Nonprofit Leadership, Computational Physics, Computer Science and Math, Economics, Engineering Physics, English, English Language Arts Teacher Education, English Second Language Instruction, Environmental Biology, Environmental/Physical Geography, Foreign Languages, French, French Teacher Licensure, French&Francophone Studies, Geographic Information Science, Geography, Geology, German, German Studies, German Teacher Licensure, Historical Administration, History, History Teacher Education, Human Geography, International Studies, Math Teacher Education, Mathematics, Mathematics and Computer Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Radiation Physics, Science Teacher Education Biology, Science Teacher Education Chemistry, Secondary Math Education, Social Science: Geography, Social Science: Political Science, Social Science: Psychology, Social Science: Sociology/Anthropology, Sociology, Sociology/Anthropology, Spanish, Spanish & Hispanic Studies, Spanish Teacher Licensure, World Languages and Cultures
- Foreign Languages, University - General
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your evidence of intention to study abroad.
- Do you plan to either attend programs in which English is not the sole language of instruction, or plan to pursue graduate education?
- Please submit an essay describing the anticipated value of the Study Abroad experience to your academic career.
- Please provide the name and email address of the faculty member who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf.