Criteria for selection are as follows:
1. Must be a full-time undergraduate student accepted to Eastern Illinois University.
2. The recipient must have an overall GPA of 2.5. A freshman recipient must be in the top 25% of their high school graduating class.
3. A letter of recommendation must be included with a one page career goal statement.
4. Preference given to the majors in the following order:
b. Chemistry and Physics
c. Applied Engineering
d. Geography (concentration in Geographic Techniques/Spatial Analysis)
5. Preference given to students from Coles, Edgar, and Shelby counties in Illinois.
6. Financial need is a consideration.
7. The recipient(s) are eligible to apply for the award again provided they continue to meet the criteria stated herein.
The award will be announced in the Spring and paid in the Fall semester.