Carol Specht Memorial Scholarship
For undergraduate single mothers living with their children, majoring in a helping career like counseling, teaching, or social work.
The following criteria must be met:
- The scholarship recipient shall be an undergraduate, single-parent, female student with at least one child currently living with her.
- The recipient shall be enrolled in one of the “Helping Careers” at EIU, such as counseling, teaching, social work, etc.
- Financial need is a consideration.
- Announced in the Spring semester and paid in the following Fall semester.
Keywords: Art Education, Clinical Psychology, Career and Technical Education, Business Education, Family and Consumer Sciences Education, Technology Education, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, French Teacher Education, German Teacher Education, Spanish Teacher Education, Childcare Education, History Teacher Education, Health Promotion Teacher Education, Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation Teacher Education, Math Teacher Education, Middle Level Education, Music Teacher Education, Nutrition/Dietetics, Nutrition Education, Psychology, School Psychology, Social Science Teacher Education, Sociology, Special Education, Theatre Arts Teacher Education
- University - General, Financial Aid
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a single parent, with at least one child living with you?
- Are you majoring in an area related to teaching, counseling, and/or social work?
- Please write a short essay on your financial need. The review committee will be able to review your FAFSA information, so please focus your essay on things that the review committee members may not be able to see on the FAFSA.