Alberta and Raymond Zuber Future Teachers Scholarship
Criteria for selection are as follows:
1. Must be elementary education or middle level education majors intending to teach. One junior and one senior – based on class status at the beginning of the semester when the award is to be distributed – shall receive the awards each year.
2. Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 or above at the time of selection.
3. Each applicant must submit an essay explaining how they will benefit from the award and in it should indicate if they have worked to pay a portion of their college expenses. Priority shall be given to those students who worked to earn a portion of their expenses.
4. Financial need is a consideration.
5. Recipients should be from Clay, Edgar, Effingham, Jasper, Lawrence or Richland counties, while priority will be given to those from Clay, Edgar, Jasper or Richland.
6. The recipient(s) may be eligible to apply for the award again provided they continue to meet the criteria stated herein.
Awards shall be announced in the Spring and paid in the Fall.