Dr. Barbara L. Hill Memorial Scholarship
For undergraduate/graduate students getting teacher certification. Requires 3.5 GPA, essay on service, leadership, achievements.
The following criteria must be met:
- The recipient(s) shall be a full-time student accepted to Eastern Illinois University.
- The recipient(s) shall maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 in their major.
- The recipient(s) shall be a student who is currently enrolled in a teacher certification program at Eastern Illinois University or has been accepted to a graduate program at Eastern Illinois University.
- The Selection Committee shall require an essay of the applicants. Special consideration will be given to service and professional involvement, academic achievement, scholarship, and leadership.
- Financial need shall be considered at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
- Recipient(s) may be eligible to apply for, and receive, the award again provided she/he continues to meet the criteria stated above.
Award announced in the spring and awarded in the fall.
Keywords: Adult and Community Education, Art Education, Business Education, Career and Technical Education, Early Childhood Education, Educational Administration, Educational Leadership, Educational Leadership Principal Endorsement, Elementary Education, English Language Arts Teacher Education, Family and Consumer Sciences Education, Foreign Languages, French Teacher Education, General Studies Childcare Education, German Teacher Education, Health Studies Teacher Education, History Teacher Education, Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation Teacher Education, Math Education, Middle Level Education, Music Teacher Education, Nutrition Education, Physical Education, SPE: Early Childhood, Science Teacher Education Biology, Science Teacher Education Chemistry, Science Teacher Education Earth Science, Science Teacher Education Physics, Secondary Math Education, Social Science Teacher Education, Spanish Teacher Education, Special Education, Technology Education, Theatre Arts Teacher Education, World Languages, human services, aging, hospitality, financial literacy, dietetics, nutrition
- University - General, Academic Affairs
- Supplemental Questions
- Please submit an essay explaining service and professional involvement in your community and on campus, as well as academic achievement, scholarships, and leadership.