Dorothy E. Waldon Short Term Study Abroad Scholarship
To apply for this award, you will need the ID number from your EIU study abroad application.
Please take note that there may be more than one opportunity available to apply for. Please use the timeline below to determine if this is the correct opportunity for your program.
Spring programs will open in August-September and have an October-November deadline.
Summer programs will open in October-November and have a January-February deadline.
Fall programs will open in October-November and have a March-April deadline.
The following criteria must be met:
1. The recipient must be enrolled in good standing as a full-time student at EIU.
2. The recipient must have completed at least sixty (60) credit hours towards a bachelor’s degree with at least fifteen (15) of these hours completed at EIU.
3. The recipient must have achieved a 3.0 (“B”) grade point average based on all coursework completed.
4. The recipient must be participating in a “short-term” (typically 10-30 days) faculty-led study abroad program.
5. This award is to go to a student who has never previously traveled outside of the USA, Mexico, and Canada.
6. Financial need may be a consideration at the discretion of the selection committee.
7. All applicants must submit a written statement explaining how this award will assist them in achieving their personal goals; in addition all applicants must provide three letters of reference with at least two coming from Eastern Illinois University faculty members from whom the recipient has taken at least one class (letters of recommendation must be received by the application deadline)
8. Recipients may receive this award only once and are not eligible to be considered for a second award.