Sue Nichols O'Brien Scholarship
1. Recipient must be a full-time student with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale accepted to EIU.
2. The recipient must be a member of Pom Pon Squad, or be a student athletic trainer, or Physical Education major during his/her tenure at Eastern Illinois University.
3. The recipient must display a tenacious work ethic and leadership qualities.
4. The recipient must pursue a career in teaching dance or physical education or coaching interscholastic athletics.
5. Coaching and teaching potential will also be given consideration.
6. The recipient shall be eligible to apply for, and receive, the award one additional time provided they continue to meet the criteria above.
This scholarship is announced in the fall and awarded in the fall.