English Studies Essay Contest
The following criteria must be met:
1. Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students in a degree program in English at EIU.
2. Essays should be at least 1200 words.
3. Essays may deal with any topic, including literary analysis or interpretation, rhetoric or composition studies, professional writing, pedagogy, and creative nonfiction.
4. Submissions should be clean copies without instructor marks or comments.
5. A student may submit only one entry.
6. The entrant’s name should not appear on the essay itself. Upload an essay as a .doc or .pdf.
This award will be announced and awarded in the Spring semester.
- English, University - General
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide your essay as specified in the description criteria.