Charles E. and Ferne Tingley Compton Botany Scholarship
The following criteria must be met:
1. The recipient(s) must be a full-time junior or senior student, majoring in Biological Sciences at EIU.
2. The recipient(s) must have chosen the Teacher Certification option or the Botanical Sciences concentration within the Biological Sciences option.
3. The recipient(s) must have an overall GPA of at least 3.0.
4. The recipient(s) should reflect high pedagogical and humanistic traits and values such as those expressed by Ernest L. Stover toward his students during his tenure at the EIU Department of Botany. Specifically, the recipient(s) should exhibit enthusiasm for the study of Botany, dedication to sharing his/her knowledge freely, and willingness to encourage and support others in their intellectual pursuits.
5. The recipient(s) must complete a brief written application for the award in which his/her financial need is demonstrated.
6. The recipient(s) may receive the award only once.
This award is announced and awarded in the Spring semester.