Betty Wright Downing Award
For high-achieving graduate students pursuing a career in medicine or health-related field. Requires essay, 3 letters of recommendation.
The following criteria must be met:
- The award recipient shall be a graduate student with the intent of pursuing a career in medicine or another health-related field.
- The recipient must have a high academic standing in all graduate-level courses as well as in his/her undergraduate course work.
- The recipient must show a potential for success in his/her chosen field.
- The recipient must prove involvement in campus and community activities.
- The recipient must produce the appropriate written recommendations.
This award is announced in the Spring semester and paid in the Spring semester.
Keywords: graduate, medicine, health, biology, health promotion, public health, community health, biological sciences, physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, pharmacy