Established in 2012, this scholarship holds the following eligibility criteria:
1. The recipient must be enrolled as an undergraduate student at Eastern Illinois University and admitted to a teacher education program in the College of Education and Professional Studies.
2. The award will be received by the student recipient during their student teaching semester.
3. The recipient must be in good academic standing at the time the award is issued with a minimum of a 3.5 grade point average out of 4.0.
4. Applicants must submit a short essay discussing his/her intent to become a teacher and his/her financial need.
5. Financial need is a primary consideration.
The award shall be announced twice a year, in the Spring and Fall semester(s) and paid to the student(s) in the Fall and Spring semester(s) made payable to Eastern Illinois University to be first applied against costs (tuition, fees, housing, etc.) associated with the recipient attending Eastern Illinois University.